Skip to content

Write the World Alumni:

 Free Writing Workshops

Welcome to the Alumni Network, a space where young adults with a passion for writing can connect and share their work! Our free online writing workshops are open to all young adults, even if you are not an alum of Write the World, and cover a variety of genres, styles, and topics to help you develop your craft.
 
In June, we'll be exploring Creative Nonfiction — find out more below, and join our newsletter and social media channels to keep updated with everything happening in the alumni group.

Upcoming Workshops

cave-with-sea-view
Our Creative Nonfiction Workshop will be coming up in June! Sign up now to receive further updates.
 
Keep an eye out for the rest of our 2024 workshops:
  • August: Narratives & Perspectives
  • October: Location Writing
  • December: Open Mic Session
Meet the Facilitators:

 

Xin Yi Yap

Xin Yi

 
Xin Yi is a writer and copywriter from Singapore. She has been facilitating Write the World Young Adult workshops since 2022 and enjoys seeing how participants tackle the same prompt differently. When not reading or collecting cute stationery, she’s probably rummaging through her imagination for the next writing idea.

Ellen Waters

Ellen

 
Ellen is a poet and writer from the UK. She has been working with Write the World Alumni since 2021, and loves the creativity, engagement, and varied perspectives that writers bring to every workshop. Her work has been featured in Viral Verses: Art in Exceptional Times, Indigo Literary Journal, and JFA Human Rights Journal.

Register for the workshop here!

Write the World is a nonprofit organization and we rely on donations in order to keep many of our programs free. Please consider making a small donation here to support our mission and help out more writers like you:
 
$
USD
Please enter an amount between $1-$100,000.

Join our community!

Facebook icon   Discord icon   Instagram icon