Skip to content
Young voices have the power to change the world.

Get Involved

Donate
 
Contribute directly to program and operating funds.

Learn more
arrow icon
Campaign
 
Support and advocate for a specific cause.
 
Learn more
arrow icon
Volunteer

Dedicate your time to supporting young writers.
 
Learn more
arrow icon
Partner

Start a corporate or organizational partnership.
 
Learn more
arrow icon
DONATE

Support Write the World

Our Impact

population-icon

101

k+

Teens and Educators
publish-icon

183

k+

Pieces Published
countries-icon

125

Countries
get-involved-quote-1
Write the World helps students develop writing and reading skills, as well as communication tools essential for success in school, career, and life.
get-involved-quote-2
Strong writers become strong communicators, entrepreneurs, problem-solvers, and leaders in all types of industries.
get-involved-quote-3
Give young writers the resources, connections, and inspiration to make an impact.

Donate Now

 
 
Or send a check to:
Write the World
20 University Road, Suite 500
Cambridge, MA 02138
 
Have a question? See our Donation FAQs.
donor-page-hero-girl
CAMPAIGN

Coming Soon

Donation Match Available

Make College a Reality for More Students

Now, more than ever, the college essay is crucial for students to share their unique stories and get into the colleges of their dreams.
 
Every year, Write the World provides scholarships to our College Essay Program, helping to make college acceptance a reality for students who lack access to writing resources. Join us!
How do I get a donation match? All contributions during the campaign will be automatically matched (up to $5,000 total) by Write the World CEO & President David Weinstein. In addition, check if your employer does match donations as well, helping to double or triple your donation!
VOLUNTEER

Share Your Expertise

Our amazing volunteers help provide a safe and supportive community, help young writers find their voice, and contribute to improving our programs. All volunteer roles are virtual and many have flexible commitment expectations.
Community Support Team Member
Our Community Support Team helps our site run smoothly and supports our budding young writers. New volunteers will start as Shortlisters who select finalists from the competition submissions each month. With experience, there are other voluntary or paid opportunities to participate on our team, including but not limited to:
  • Expert Reviewers, who provide feedback on competition drafts
  • Content Readers, who moderate our site for safety
  • College Essay Program Advisors, who review college essay drafts; and more!
This position is ideal for professional writers, current/retired educators and college/university/graduate students (19.5 years old or older) looking for a low commitment way to make a difference and boost their mentoring experience.
Commitment: flexible, 1+ hour/month
Guest Judges
Each competition features a guest judge who contributes to the final stage of the judging process, selecting and commenting on winning pieces.  This position is ideal for published authors and writers distinguished in their field.
Commitment: One time commitment of ~2-4 hours
(Youth Only) Community Ambassadors Program
Young writers ages 13-19 can apply to be a Community Ambassador. Ambassadors model exceptional behaviors and examples to foster a vibrant culture of writers within the WtW community. Over the course of a semester, they receive training on reviewing and giving feedback, guidance to design a prompt, and build a mini portfolio of their work and contributions.
Commitment: 1.5-2.5 hours/week over 3 months
(Young Adults) Alumni Group

Young writers who participated in Write the World as a teen become Alumni after they turn 20. Alumni can contribute by engaging in quarterly meet-ups and/or applying to become a Senior Peer Reviewer.

Commitment: flexible

Volunteer at Write the World

mountain-picnic-email
PARTNER

Corporate and Organizational Partners

We’re looking to partner with industry leaders committed to supporting writing education, student success in academics, career and life, and/or youth global citizenship.

If this describes your organization, we’d love to hear from you!
donor-page-hero-teens-1-1

Partner with Write the World

Our Partners

  • Patagonia logo square
    Patagonia
  • SVG_RGB_TM-sq
    Seventh Generation
  • 768px-Malala_Fund_Logo-square
    Malala Fund
  • osun_white_logo_square
    Open Society University Network (OSUN)
  • HMI-LOGO-Black-without-text-1-square
    High Mountain Institute
Stay in touch for more ways to get involved!